View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 03:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart scs

I have an scs implanted in my body but with my battery I have to go in every 3-5 years to get the battery changed. Meaning that I have to undergo the knife depending on how much you use the scs. The trial one that I did was for 3 days and I thought it was a god send. It worked great so I got a permanent one and I can control turning it off or on, if I want the stimulation up higher or lower. It was wonderful from the start. I have had it in since Dec. of 2006 and now I am starting to have more trouble with my rsd. I have to keep turning my stimulator up to get any relief but in the mean time I deal with muscle spasms and shaking of the hand. But you do have to remember a couple of things. When you go to the docs keep an open mind about things and every person is different in how they react with the scs. Your husband may try it and like it and never ever have any trouble with his. Like I said everyone is different. This monster affects everyone different so the scs will be different as well. I say give it a try. You are right about the meds some of mine don't even work for me anymore but I take them cuz the doc tells me to. You have nothing to lose by listening to the doc and giving it a try. Good luck with everything. I am praying for you.

Sincerely,
Screwballpookie
screwballpookie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote