Thread: I need courage
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 05:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks everyone, I don't know what happened, well I do, but I'm ready to tell all. I see my pdoc tomorrow and I told her it's time. She's probably even more relieved than I am because she's going to be on vacation until August 2nd and won't have to worry about me holding it in anymore.

The first thing I do in the morning when I get up is get coffee and Hooper and go outside to fill the bird feeders and clean the bird bath. And then I looked up, and in front of me, at the end of this section of ivy is a lone "Shoo Fly" plant.

My mom and I always went to a lot of flower shows and she found seeds for this plant. In her loving care they ripened and sowed them everywhere in her garden. She was delighted and told me I needed some in my garden, as she, in her giddy, funny way sung:

"Shoo fly don't bother me,
Shoo fly don't bother me,
Shoo fly don't bother me,
'cause I belong to somebody..."

I was shocked when I saw this because I hadn't seen any for a couple years. I had to have all the English ivy cut down and had someone kill off all the poison ivy in there. It grew back but never did I see the Shoo Fly plant again. And then I turned around and there was my very first Rose of Sharon of the year. The one that my mom and I planted one week before she died. One of the things she always said to me was, "I will see you in the moon, the stars and the sun". It was a powerful image that left me with the impression she would always be around in one form or the other.

The wind picked up and I thought I heard her voice saying "It's time honey". I know I heard it, I'm not delusional. I felt Mom brush up against me as I walked by...and I swear I heard, "...cause I belong to somebody". I know this was my mom talking to me, telling me it will be okay.

And Curious I know what I'll be humming all night long, Follow the Yellow Brick Road

Cats nap, only humans put them "to sleep". Sterilize, don't euthanize!!

BJ
BJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (07-15-2008), Burntmarshmallow (07-15-2008), Chemar (07-15-2008), Kitty (07-16-2008)