View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 06:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibken View Post
Hello All,

A friend of mine with PD , faced with selling her home and going into a care facility, is considering another option --- that of opening her home to other PWP. This is just in the thinking stages at this point, and because she is "manually challenged" I voluntered to put the idea out to forumites for feedback.

I'm not sure how it would work, though probably one would pay a basic rent to cover housing costs and then share in the costs of amenities such as cook, chauffer and any PD supports found to help - BPM chair, exercise and 'comfort' devices, etc.

I know from experience that living w/ other PWP can be a wonderful thing and it is worth the effort to iron out the wrinkles that present themselves in this kind of endeavor. Timing is a huge factor in determning whether or not something like this could fly...and actualizing it requires committment and skills...often beyond the abilities of PD'ers. Perhaps a couple, one w/PD and his/her caretaker, could make this happen?

Anyway, we'd like some feedback, so please respond and let's see if it's possible. I may not be able to field queries well myself, but I'll do my best. I personally think PD group homes should be created everywhere there are people w/ PD.

What do you think?

Ibby
I am another friend of "Ibby" a PD person who now lives alone and would love to be part of a physical "community" of sorts that catered to PD persons or other Neurological disorders.
Unfortunately, I don't have the cash for a first class hotel for all of us otherwise Im all for it, how about some "parkie" investment or developement types out there, anybody with an old "Holiday Inn" your not doing anything with? How about an apartment complex and your tired of those loud unruly tenants, heres your answer!
Seems to me that such a place could come together if the entry terms were not to difficult!
Buzzz
BUZZZ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote