Thread: trazodone
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 07:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default .

I have noticed that the dreams have been a bit odd.... not as strange as Zanaflex ones though! LOL... at least I am asleep when I have these! With Zanaflex I didn't have to be asleep to have strange dreams! (Twilight zone music)

It would sure help my blood pressure, knees, and pre-diabetes if I could loose some more weight. I managed to lose 30 lbs over the summer, after stopping my use of Flexeril. I was taking Flexeril at night for 5 years to help with sleep due to the myofacial pain, and could NOT lose any weight at all during that time, and every time I was on Neurontin, or any anti-depressant, I gained. As soon as I stopped the flexeril, I was able to lose without changing my diet. Go figure! I TOLD the doctor I had been following a good diet!

Now, with my loss stopped after starting this small amount of Trazodone, I do have to wonder if it's going to be the same way. I think flexeril was an anti-depressent to start with to, but most people think of it as a muscle relaxant.

So..... Did any of you notice weight gain with Trazodone? I know it's hard to tell, with all the other meds we take that can cause it....

Thanks...
Jules
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote