View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 01:18 PM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member

LOL Doody

I agree, Aarcyn!

I think he's too old AND too ornery to be president. It's a highly stressful job, and everyone who has held that position aged tremendously while serving. He's already shown signs his brain isn't as sharp as it used to be. If he's pushed into a corner, he can only attack (or make lame jokes). He doesn't seem to have the strength or brainpower to explain himself. I suspect if he had to sit at a table with other world leaders, he'd be quick to use his "old school bully tactics" and arrogance. That strategy no longer works, if it ever did. We'll never be able to create any type of peace with the use of bigger guns and firepower.

Comparing him to his mother doesn't work for me either. My grandfather lived to be 99 and had his wits about him til the end. My mother died at the age of 70, almost child-like.

The "proud story" he told of his elderly mother didn't impress me either. He said she traveled to France, and they told her she was too old to rent a car and drive on their streets. So, she BOUGHT a car and drove through France. Since when is breaking the rules and placing others in danger a GOOD thing?
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (07-16-2008)