View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 08:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default History and "And You Were There"

In elementary school, a prominent newsman Walter Cronkite did an educational series on US history reenactments ending with "And You Were There."

I love history. I truly believe you have to know where you have come from to know where you are going.

Historic events have shaped the world we know today. Whether you are in Great Britain, Australia, Sweden, or the Americas, my question is Where were you when...

ok. I'll start. I hope you will join.

I am older but trust me, the wheel HAD BEEN INVENTED!!

JFK Assassination - I was in a lunch room, heading onto the playground when a boy ran in with the news. I did not believe him. When the riderless horse and the funeral procession were being televised, I was not happy because it preempted my favorite cartoon show.

9/11 - I was getting my kids ready for school. DH called and said I needed to turn on the news. DH was in Northern CA at the time and had a rental car. Since all the flights were grounded, he drove the car back to AZ.

There are so many more parts of history I remember. I will start with these two and see where we go from here.

What part of history do you remember?
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
allentgamer (07-31-2008), Debbie D (07-17-2008), Kitty (07-17-2008), snoozie (07-17-2008), Twinkletoes (07-17-2008), Victor H (07-17-2008), weegot5kiz (07-17-2008), who moi (07-19-2008)