View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Bobby Kennedy...I remember that well, even though I was probably stoned at the time. I was a 'hippie' and lived that summer in Berkeley, CA. We were at a friend's house and happened to be watching him on TV. I remember I was so upset I wanted to go home to Iowa.

Kent State...I remember that all too well also. I was 20 at the time and very into protesting. I cried and cried when the National Guard? Army?, I can't remember now, gunned those students down.

April of 1968 and I was preparig to go to the 'protest capital' of the world, Berkeley/San Franciso. Martin Luther King was assassinated and I was with a group of friends when it happened. Again, probably high. And horrified.

August 1968 the Chicago 7 and that horrible, awful riot that happened outside the convention center, and where was I? Again, with friends watching on television, and probably...well, I was probably altered.

The late 60s/early 70s had a huge impact on my life for certain. Saw too much strife.

Although the highlight of the tumultuous summer in Berkeley was walking down Telegraph Avenue with my soon to be abusive husband and another couple, again...well, we were very altered...And there sat Jim Morrison at an outdoor coffee house and we stsopped and literally stared with our mouths open. He said, "You look like you could use coffee, have a seat." And we did! Don't think any of us spoke one word.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (07-16-2008), Ivy2 (07-16-2008), Kitty (07-17-2008), lor (07-31-2008), snoozie (07-17-2008), Victor H (07-17-2008), weegot5kiz (07-17-2008), who moi (07-19-2008)