View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I was there when Di married Charles at St. Paul's Cathedral on July 29, 1981. . I lived in London then. It was a wonderful time with so much pageantry. we lined the streets to watch the procession and then saw the ceremony on telly at a friends place nearby, followed by a celebratory picnic on the banks of the River Thames .

I was in still a child in South Africa when JFK was assassinated.
We had no TV there in those days. Only radio. so that is how we got the news and then saw it on the Movietone(?sp?) news at the cinema

9/11 I was on the phone in the kitchen talking to a friend with the TV on in background. Her dh was a pilot. She suddenly gasped and asked me if I was watching CNN and I turned around to see the first Tower burning. Just then the 2nd plane hit I still recall how surreal it all seemed till the reality set in

and to end on a light hearted note...........
I was at the premier of Star Wars at Manns Chinese Theater in Hollywood on May 25th 1977

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (07-18-2008), AfterMyNap (07-17-2008), Kitty (07-17-2008), Victor H (07-17-2008), weegot5kiz (07-17-2008), who moi (07-19-2008)