View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 09:16 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Smile Hey, Tammy!

I can see that you're trying very hard to get us people to communicate with each other more, and make this a place where we can always go for support. I think it's a great idea, and I think that you're great for doing it.

Like you, I had a really hard time sleeping last night, so I didn't get up until 11:30 this morning. I really hate when that happens. I know I can't sleep like I used to, but if I'm not up and moving by at least 9:00-9:30, then I'm going to feel off all day.

The thing that's bothering me most right now is that after six years, 27 doctors, seven hospitals, and countless procedures, I finally got diagnosed with a type of nerve damage a couple of months ago. My PC managed to get me involved with a doctor in a city a hundred miles away who is supposed to be one of the best in the state for these type of conditions. The first time I went my oldest sister took me, and she knew the city well, so we had no trouble finding the place. But on my second appt. my son took me, and we couldn't find the clinic anywhere. I called to tell them I was lost, and where I was at. The nurse said I was only ten minutes away from them, but I would have to reschedule because I was the last patient of the day, and the doc wanted to leave. They rescheduled me for this past monday.

So this time I got my nephew to drive me, and took my son as well. I even allowed an hour and fifteen minutes in case of unexpected complications. But again we couldn't find the place. The week before my son and I had went ahead and found the place so we'd know where it was next time. Only it turns out that we found the hospital instead of the pain clinic. So we rode around Charlottesville for an hour and a half before we find it. We even called the clinic three times for directions and told them we were going to be a little late. So I arrived a half-hour late, and not only would the doctor not see me, but she fired me! She said she couldn't see me anymore. I know my PC is going to be mad about it, and I don't know what he'll do, but I don't imagine his reaction will be good. It just seems so stupid that now that I finally know how to get to the place, they won't let me come back anymore.

So that's my boring story for this week. It may seem a bit ridiculous, but it's still got me worrying. I've had the same PC from the very beginning, six years ago, and he's always stuck by me. Now I just don't know.

Anyway, I hope I haven't put everyone to sleep! Maybe next time I can tell ya an old war story or something, except I've never been in a war. LOL Good luck and best of wishes to everyone, and I hope you have a relatively pain-free week!
Idealist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (07-16-2008)