View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 11:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Use whatever helps. Just keep looking for things. If something hurts or has no effect discontinue it at the earliest opportunity. You'll end up on lots of medication and stuff so you don't want anything that will confuse the issue.

I find ghinko biloba is one of the best things for this. But I've tried almost everything and discarded them. Keep in mind that everything keeps changing so you'll always be aiming for a moving target. One of the worst things for me is the preservative used in red meats; sidium nitrate. But sometimes it doesn't bother me for months on end. Watch out for high vitamin doses. Some will cause headaches or something.

Talk to your doctor. They can do you a lot of good.

Ice will put my pain out like magic but when it warms up I get all the pain I missed and twice as much besides. Warm water is great and will always relieve it in a short while unless I've used it more than about 45 minutes that day. Then it just makes it ache.

I think most people just have to learn tricks for distracting themselves from the pain and find the right combination of drugs to relieve their specific symptoms. It takes time.

There's a good chance of beating this thing the first couple years and effort might be well spent at that.
Imahotep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote