View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 10:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default CSF Test

started having dizziness 5 years ago. My balance is really bad. I went to many doctors with no resolve. I finally went to Duke in 1/08 and was diagnose wih cerebellum atrophy-Ataxia. I have been doing my my research on Ataxia. It is caused by a vitamin E diffcient, cancer, genetic, or infection. The test for vitamin E and genitics came back normal. I do have cancer but it is in remission. So the infection is the only thing left. So then I search on Ataxia and infection. It said that a CSF Protein should be doneto rule out infection. It is done from a spinal tap. I went back and reviewed all my test that i had done. Back in 09/05 I had this test and the result was 46. Normal range is 15-45. Someone had written on report to call pateint. Noone ever call me. I never knew this. The report said it should run a low number and high number could mean infection. Not only was my high but out of range. just discover this a few weeks ago. What all this means is DON'T TRUST YOUR DOCTORS TOTALLY. i am now totolly disable. If treated with antibiotic in 05 this could have been prevented. I have now started to know my test better. I would suggest a CSF test.to rule out infection. Hope this helps.
Jpridgen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dizzie lizzy (07-28-2008)