View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 07:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh dear! Okay, you have to poop like you have never had to poop in your life so you colon is clear so the scope going up can take pretty pictures and the doc can decide if you have any precancerous things going on. This is called the prep. Basically pooping for hours.

If you are not clear enough they will empty you by giving you an enema before the procedure.

You are getting the gatorade to replenish electrolytes that you will lose from having watery poops. This prevents you from feeling faint. IMHO it is best taken diluted because that usually increasing absorption, but double check with your doctor.

The good news is they sometimes can remove little things during the procedure that are suspect. Based on what they see you will be told to have the procedure again in 5 years or 10.

My gastro actually showed me my polaroids ( I did not ask) and told me I was very healthy. Not something I really wanted to see, but it was nicer than what I ever could imagine.

Just remember you are doing this to stay healthy and it is something you will not have to do again for a long time. Best wishes.
starfish is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Motors Mommy (07-20-2008)