View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowen214 View Post
Hi folks! Loooooong time, no see. I hope you're all doing well! I've got some questions about an upcoming doctor's visit that I hope someone can help me with.

For about 4 months, I've had some occasional bladder/urethra pain, with a very occasional urine leakage. It was usually a very, very small amount and only happened when my bladder was very full and I waited too long to get to a restroom (and that usually happened b/c of numbness that I've been having off and on for about 6 months or so). I saw my neuro back in June...discussed it with him...upped my neurontin back to 900 mg every night...urinalysis normal...MRI *still* normal & not showing lesions.

The increased neurontin dosage helped with the numbness and pain for the most part. However, , the leakage has increased in frequency. Now, I don't have to have a full bladder to have leakage, but I haven't lost full control...just leakage. So, I called the neuro's office last week, and when the nurse called me back, it was with a referral to a urologist.

What can I expect? Does anyone know if this sort of problem calls for any *invasive* procedure done? If so, should I be expecting it that day? Please, share anything you can if you've been through this and gone to a urologist! Thanks in advance!

Jennifer
Hi Jenn

Nice to see you!

When I had a referral to the urologist when i was first dx'd and had a bladder problems, I had an ultrasound. He scheduled it same day as my appt with him. It's non-invasive and took about 20 minutes.

I know there are other tests that are more comprehensive, but the ultrasound showed nothing so there was no need to do anything else.

Have you had a UA done to see if you have a low grade UTI done? That can cause problems as well.

I hope the visit with the urologist goes well. Bladder problems are no joking matter.

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote