View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmom3005 View Post
Okay I lost my primary doctor last month. I had a appointment with her on her last day. And I really kept thinking later I missed something, or she did.

So I called and had them send the report from the Indy Pulmonary doctor.
Quite interesting reading. First I'm looking for information on the
ph probe study, the other one that she suggested my gastreologist doesn't
do. Donna
Donna,
My daughter had a 24 hour PH. There are two types, One they use a camera and place the probe in the stomach to travel and record. I think there was a belt to use and it had a recording device she clicked. But, they could not get her to sleep from high doses of narcotics she took at the time, oxycotin. Theydid the second test which place a thin tube in her nose and she would click when the burning happened. This came out in a force manner twelve hours later with a lot of mucus attached.

But it did record extremly high PH. The thing was as I told them all along the oxycotin tearing up her stomach. She kept throwing up and heartburn, lost weight. They switched to duregesic patch and that did not bother the stomach, The PH problems went away.

The newest one is the camera, I am not sure a Dexter, or something like that it was called. It used a larger tube to the throat then the tiny one that is left in the nose. The camera one seemed easier to live with 24 hours for her, just could not be done.
Good luck
di

Pocono area, PA