View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 11:41 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thursday View Post
I have an x-ray to do tomorrow (for SSDI disability determination) and I was wondering, what can it show? I am under the impression that RSIs are not visible on them.....

A portion of the TOSers have extra cervical ribs above the first rib, or misshappem rib cage, or first ribs. These can compress the area. BUT, I do know of our Kate in MD had cervical ribs and the worse pain was the opposite side of the one with extra rib

Doctors like to see something for the symptoms, so if they find rib structure problems they have an Ah ha moment. Just like raising the arms and finding a bruit, but most of society has a bruit without TOS. Also, there can be short fiborus bands that go from the neck to the collar bone. Half of society has these shrt supporting bands, but unless an injury happens they may never get TOS.

So anomolies can potentally explain TOS. BUT never believe a doctor that tells you you do not have TOS if you do not have cervical ribs, only about 5 % of society have what is called true TOS a noted reason. The other 95% has disputed TOS and the diagx is made lacking or ruling out other diagx's.

So RSI's are not shown, but the c-rib could explain IF that is what you have...Sounds like he is ruling things out still.
di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
thursday (07-18-2008)