View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 08:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

As procedures go neither is too bad. It looks like each physician has their idea of what works best for colonoscopy prep. I used Picosilax and like you had to watch for hypogylcemia. For me the worst part was the gatorade!

I was given Versed and Fentanyl and watched most of the procedure on the monitor. When it got uncomfortable (not really overly painful) I was given more Fentanyl, dropped my oxygen sats and they had to abort. She ran out of scope anyway at the hepatic junction. So once I was up to 98 I was shipped off for a barium enema. Again - no biggie.

Because of the constipation being so severe I had been getting overflow diarrhea and vomiting, which is why I saw the surgeon in the first place. The barium fill was to the cecum which started the incontinence and vomiting. The nurses were awesome, I've had much worse days and when I went home a few hours later I had a great lunch and was fine.

Slept through the endoscopy which was a bit disappointing cause I wanted to watch, but it was a great nap and I was up and about quickly.

With a good doctor things will go well, the chances of something serious happening are rare.

Best of luck to you. Once the prep is over the rest is a piece of cake.
cricket52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Motors Mommy (07-20-2008)