View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 08:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown Update on IVIG - a bad experience

Hi All,

I went in last week for IVIG. It was scheduled for 3 consecutive days on an outpaitent basis. However, I did not do well w/ the treatments. After day one, I experienced tremors, severe headaches. I continued w/ treatments, and was given meds ahead of time as prevention. However, after the third day, I ended up going to the ER. I had severe head and neck pain, vomitting, and some visual disturbances. I was admitted to the hospital & spent 5 days there w/ a diagnosis of aseptic meningitis. I am home, but I still feel very sick. I have read your posts & replies, thanks for all of your thoughts & well wishes. this has really been tough on my husband, chlidren, and my elderly parents. I am feeling frustrated & scared. I was so hopeful that IVIG could be the answer to my prayers. But like most of us w/ MG, I wait. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I will keep you up to date, as things progress. But at this point, I just do not know what lies ahead for me. I wish you all peace & good health.

Nancy Lee
nancylee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote