Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 06:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default so this is where you are hiding...

My old computer burnt out during the hottest june for years and I replaced it with new Dell Dimension top of the range machine which well...er... doesn't work.
I assumed I was the problem and ordered my son home from Scotland, where he is studying computer science.
After many hours of tinkereing and about a thousand hours of talking to their call centre in India the damn thing still crashes and my son declares it to be a hardware problem as he thought from the outset.
Dell, however want me to purchase from them at a cost of 60 pounds($100) another copy of windowsXP and for us to spend further frustrating hours going through it all again.
Anyhow, the boy has declared 'life is too short ' and it is down to me whether to spend half my life at a non functioning computer talking to an incomprehensible half-wit at the other end of a phone line. For his part, he never wants to see a Dell computer again.

I am writing this on my son's computer(which cost half as much as mine). Thanks to him and Google I found you all again. My son is back at Uni in a couple of weeks so I will again be without a computer unless I decide to spend more of my hard earned pennies.

It is nevertheless wonderful to be hearing how you are all getting on.

Mick
mickinuk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote