Thread: TN questions
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 02:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for your reply BMW.
I've been dealing with all this for a while, I just think it has been misdiagnosed all this time! I've been trying to read everything I can on this subject and it is just a little overwhelming. Seems that I may have more of an atypical TN since it isn't the quick electrical shocks, but long ongoing pain. Today my face is driving me nuts! And my ear hurts, too. Like all around it. My ear has always been sensitive....just another piece of the puzzle.

My neuro says that he considers this a relapse of the MS since it is a new neurological symptom (but I'm telling you guys that it has been going on for all these years I've been dealing with migraines)....so we won't know if I have any new lesions until I have an MRI, which isn't scheduled until Aug 13th. But maybe he is right since the facial pain is presenting in a slightly different way and I'm having stinging pains that crop up in my teeth that last only a few crazy seconds. (I find those episodes to be the scariest!) I've never imagined pain like that in my entire life.

Well, tonight I will start on a low dose of Trileptal (150 mg). Hope it doesn't make me feel sick. I'm a wimp when it comes to new meds!

I'm so glad that TN has its own place on this forum! I had never looked around except at the MS stuff. And I have only been here a few times since I usually post on MSWorld.

I look forward to hearing feedback from more of you here.
Thanks again BMW!
Melissa
FTY720 Clinical Trial--2/18/08
labwrat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (07-18-2008)