View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 02:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaveHerr View Post
Funny you should mention King Arthur. I love that place. I was at the store twice while visiting some of DH's relatives in Vermont.

Their catalog has gluten free mixes from Gluten Free Pantry. I really like everything I've tried so far. (I can find them easily in area health food stores too.)

I recently got the Gluten Free Baking Classics book from them also. I haven't made anything yet but I do like the book.

They also carry Hi-Maize which is a resistant starch. You add it to smoothies, soups, baked goods, etc. to give yourself extra fiber. If you use it in baked goods you can use it for up to 1/4 of your flour. I heard a talk about it from one of their (Hi-Maize) reps at my first GF support group meeting. I just got some and will try it out soon. KA is one of the few places I know of to get it.
I'm a big KA fan. I must have about 30 mixes in my pantry right now (none that I can eat ) and LOTS of there tools, I only use there flour in my house and all the things needed in baking (something I don't do any more ).
I was going to try there gluten free bread mix soon. I had not seen the cook book, I'll have go look for it. Thank you.

DX with Fibromyalgia, 1998
DX with MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity), June 2008
DX with Food Allergies, wheat, sesame, fresh pineapple

momXseven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote