View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 07:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Olympics

In honor of the upcoming Olympics being held in China:

1. The Tank Man of Tiananmen Square 1989 - This is of the brave student that brought a line of tanks to a halt. Just as brave was the driver of the tank that did not want to run him over.

2. Nadia Komenich 1976 - She was the first gymnast to score a perfect 10 in the Olympics. I was in awe.

3. Massacre of Israeli athletes 1972 - This was disgusting. The subsequent events were equally loathsome.

4. Greg Louganis 1988 - He really banged his head on the board during that dive.

5. Mary Lou Retton 1984 - I remember her horse vault on just one leg. I think that is being replayed right now.

6. Mark Spitz 1972 - I remember he won 5 gold medals in swimming. There was a pin-up poster of his in his bathing suit wearing all the gold medals.

Olympic coverage is no where near as good as it used to be. Seems like on US channels, only our athletes are covered, ad nauseum. There are so many interesting competitions, rifle shooting and trampoline jumping. I care more about the actual trials than at length biographies of only our athletes.

No matter who wins the gold, I want to see that!
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bobbi (07-24-2008), Ivy2 (07-24-2008), who moi (07-19-2008)