View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default dentures....... oh when are the going to feel good!!

Hey Doodle Bug!

You are very welcome!! I'm glad to hear that your upper denture has been working out ok!!

That protruding bone on the lower jaw...... sometimes, the jawbone heals a bit lumpy or has some bone spurs that need to be filed down. It's not usually a big surgery to remove those bumps unless the extra bone gets too big.
I assume you are still seeing your dentist for adjustments?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle

Lower dentures are nearly impossible to keep in because there is nothing for them to hold onto and there is no suction like the palate for the top ones. People do really well with a lower denture when they have a few small (Imtek) implants placed in the lower jaw to hold the denture in place. These implants are very tiny and literally take only a couple of minutes to put in. There is no post operative pain, just a little temporary soreness. Perhaps you could bring this up to your dentist at one of your adjustment appointments and see what he/she says!

Thanks for checking in........ please keep in touch!!

Bryanna ~'.'~

bug7;325627
I have never thanked you for explaining a few pointers on Dentures. Our computer has been in the shop for awhile.
I am close to the 2 month mark now and the uppers have given me no problems.
The lowers are difficult to get use to as a point of a bone is still pushing out.
This makes trying to chew real food almost impossible. I ground up my meat yesterday and that helped. How do people go out to eat without their bottom teeth flopping out? I told my husband that I didn't want to eat out and he said
" Its OK, you can watch me eat." he was only joking , and it was kinda funny.
I know that I will adapt in time, or not. Just kidding.
I appreciate your help and sometimes it's just nice to know that support isn't far away. You are great.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote