View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 08:27 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

hiya rob thanks for the news here.
i trying to think and thats hard for me,,lol
i trying to think if i have ever herd hawking speak out like this befor for als/mnd ?
im so glad he is and hope he will not stop now for he has the power todo so much for us.

if prof hawking would call bill gates and ask for money for als/mnd research with all of us standing with him, im sure bill gates would not turn us away. with hawking watching over it.

my tuesday morning rant.

BobbyB

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Guest of Honour at the launch was the eminent scientist, Prof Stephen Hawking, who has unusually had MND for over 40 years.
He said: “Motor Neurone Disease is as common as Multiple Sclerosis, but it has received much less public attention and awareness. This may be because it often kills its victims in two or three years from the first appearance of symptoms, so they aren't around to be noticed.

“I am one of a few long term survivors, so I have a duty to call attention to this terrible disease, and to press for research into its causes, so we can find ways of curing it, or at least preventing it in the future.

ALS/MND Registry

Last edited by BobbyB; 10-31-2006 at 08:33 AM.
BobbyB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote