View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 06:19 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

November 9th, 1989: The fall of the Berlin wall on every television channel. I was so impressed by the energy and enthusiasm of that crowd as they knocked it down. We have a piece of it here in Grand Rapids and it's easy to stare at it and imagine all the historical meaning involved in it.

Cyn, this thread has motivated me! I'm going to take a ride into the city today and finally go see Gerald Ford's tomb. I remember wondering why the odd landscape at the new museum, now I know that it was pre-planned to become his final resting place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor H View Post
This is the date that we realized that history repeats itself, over and over and over...
Quite true, Vic, quite true. I'm currently reading The Fourth Turning by Strauss and Howe and it is fascinating. These guys have documented the ebb and flow of historical trends to the Nth degree and it is a very impressive analysis of world cycles. I recommend it not as a prophecy, but as a way to broaden horizons within one's own mind.

They have published a follow-up, Millennials Rising: The Next Great Generation and that is my next book choice.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (07-19-2008), Debbie D (07-19-2008), Ivy2 (07-24-2008), Victor H (07-19-2008), weegot5kiz (07-22-2008), who moi (07-22-2008)