View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 10:04 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Do Not Use Baby Orajel!!!

This is so vitally important, that I just had to post it here. I know many of you are parents and grandparents of young ones, and when they teethe, well, as the commercial states, you just rub Baby Orajel on the gums of the baby and their tears dry up, right?

Well, it also stops their breathing. Here's what just happened.

My sister in law just phoned me and said "Any kids on your block or babies??" I said 'oh my god, there's PLENTY on my block and around the corner...new babies, little babies, etc.

She said 'My daughter has a friend with an 8 month old baby. The baby was teething. The mom rubbed Baby Orajel on the gums and the kid turned blue in 30 seconds. They rushed him to the emergency room and the kid was revived.

The paramedics said "Oh, you used Baby Orajel, yeah, we see this happening all the time" It seems if the Baby Orajel gets into the throat it numbs the throat or windpipe or WHATEVER and there is no oxygen getting into the body. So the baby stops breathing"

My niece (after finding this out about Baby Orajel) immediately threw her bottle of the stuff into the garbage (she has a 6 month old).

She then called her pediatrician and told him what happened to her friend's baby. The pediatrician said "oh yeah, we know all about Baby Orajel".

Oh really??

So why isn't this on television or in the newspaper or whatever??

When I go out I'm telling all my neighbors.

Never thought a simple baby product could stop breathing.

So please pass this along to your family and friends.

Thanks much.

P.S. My mother used to use whiskey on the gums. She said "that's what her mother used to use".

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (07-19-2008), Curious (07-19-2008), Darlene (07-21-2008), DiMarie (07-20-2008), dorrie (07-19-2008), GladysD (07-19-2008), Ivy2 (07-19-2008), Motors Mommy (07-19-2008), SandyC (07-19-2008), soxmom (07-19-2008), thursday (07-20-2008)