View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Well, it's the next day, and I just walked around the corner and the car was still there and there was NO ONE in front or gossiping (so that's how I know somebody put him inside the house).

Now I have a dilemma. Do I tell the wife? She's a very nice woman who is dealing with a great sadness ever since 9/11. They never got over this loss.

But is it my business to tell her the next time I see her (Hey guess what happened? I found your husband dead drunk in the car).

I don't think anyone would welcome such a piece of news. I know how to speak to a person. I definitely know how to talk as to not to make some one uncomfortable. But I risk her being so embarassed that she'll just walk away and might never speak to me again.

She's a very very nice person who has had to deal with such loss.

I don't want to add to her dismay. She knows her husband is an alcoholic. They all are in that family. They are always bringing home cartons of beer. I see this all the time.

But is it MY business to stick my nose in to someone else's business.

They might say "oh go f yourself, it's not your concern"

See my dilemma??

I once saw the wife coming home from work (she's a para in a school). She parked the car (I was watching to see if she had one too many). Sure enough she staggered just a bit. I know her, I know what she does. I know what she drinks.

But you should not drink and drive. Of course I know this.

She looked at me, smiled and we had a perfectly normal conversation.

Actually I have never seen her when she is completely sober. With the school days over, I guess she has more time to take a nip now and then. I gather this is her right.

She has 2 sons left and a daughter and she has grandchildren who she adores.

But she and her husband are alcoholics and I gather they don't want to stop drinking.

I went to two funerals when her son died. One before they found his body, and one afterwards.

Such sadness in one family is overwhelming, this I know.

But people should never get behind the wheel when they are inebriated...this I know also.

I'm in a quandry here.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY