View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 10:33 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart

That's horrible! I wouldn't use half the products they try to push on children nowadays. I've never heard of a child dying from the pain of teething. When my son was in pain, I gave him frozen teethers or popsicles to bite, sometimes I'd hold him, and sometimes I'd just let him cry it out. He's got very strong lungs.

I used to work for a pediatrician who was also a pediatric cardiologist. I became close with one of our mothers because our babies were born around the same time. We compared milestones, etc. However, her daughter had a hole in her heart and needed a cardiac catheterization to determine the size. Our kids were toddlers and both of them cutting molars.

Her daughter went in for the cath, and the hole turned out to be much larger than expected. She died on the table - we ALL cried over that one. Yes, doctors DO cry.

I picked my son up after work, placed him in his carseat in the back. He was in a lot of pain and wailed the entire ride home, nearly piercing my eardrums. It was the sweetest sound I ever heard.

Thanks for the heads up on this Orajel. I'll be sure to pass this info on to young parents I know.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
misshayleesmom (07-20-2008), SandyC (07-19-2008)