View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 10:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling well.......This darn disease just doesn't seem to be cutting you any slackI wish there was something I could do or say to help you feel better, but know that I think of you DAILY and keep you in my thoughts and prayers.......My potassium levels are low,too, though I can't figure out why - it has to be MG related(? ).....Any thoughts? You mentioned you are in the medical field - what do you do? I don't know how the geniuses expect you to swallow ANYTHING, let alone "horse pills" as I like to call them......I take my meds with baby bananas or pudding, though I don't think that would work for you. I still have soft palette issues, so taking ANYTHING with liquid simply isn't any option for me........ We HAVE to find you someone competant to take care of you, cuz' I really worry about you........How many more days till' Hopkins? Try to hang in there, and know that you can reach me ANYTIME if you need me. As for me, I'm still hoping that I won't need the IV IG, though it may help. If I wasn't such a big baby and afraid of needles, I'd be in the hospital right now having my PICC line put in, cuz' for me the IV IG is like mother's milk. I think the worst part is the uncertainty of this disease - one day we're up and the next we're flat on our backs - well actually we CAN"T be flat on our backs, cuz' we can't breathe, but you know what I mean.....Hang in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore2 View Post
Last nite my breathing got crappy...I couldn't sleep at all. Turn out this time they think it is mostly my asthma (of course complicated by my muscle weakness, so they sent me home after a special "neb cocktail" and whacking on my back.

Once again my potassium was low...I'm not sure how low, but in addition to 20MeQ there they sent me home taking 20 MeQ twice a day. They also wanted my to swallow 2 huge musinex tablets..I just laughed and said I'd get it in a liquid form.
erinhermes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote