Thread: Useful Sites
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 10:25 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Don't forget ....

www.lizajane.org as a reference site. While directed towards spinal and PN issues, I believe LJ [AKA NYCSilk] is expanding relevant tests for other neuro areas.
Since ANY neuro diagnostic process is one of elimination...that of excluding anything truly diagnosable, the LJ charts are invaluable for a confused person, or even one sort of in the know [meaning, a person w/o a med degree], to learn where they stand in terms of that nasty word called TESTING! Second opinions and further tests are cheap, I know because I did just that [before I was 'web' conversant] and I am sure I'd be a doddering, miserable, wheelchair-bound, mind-blasted from meds, non-functioning being without those second opinions!

There's a lot of 'language' in those charts, learn them, use your instincts and don't give up! I was LUCKY I found docs that got the tests for me that I needed and the treatments as well.

Another primer of what neuros look for is at www.neuroexam.com Work your way from the intro on down . Knowing what they are initially looking for by doing some seemingly silly stuff is insight to the problems they are REALLY looking for - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Colin Street (10-08-2013)