View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Laptops

If you have a laptop you want one with the newer processors (ie dual core). You definitely do not want one with an intel celeron. They use a lot of energy and get hot especially when the room is hot and the CPU is running at max like doing a scan or using your scanner/printer to make copies, etc. If all you do is surf the Internet and send emails they are fine (the celeron).

My laptop is off the surface. It has little spacers underneath to let the air flow better. However, I am having a problem now with the hot weather (I have a celeron). My husband's Dell laptop has a Pentium M sentrino processor and it runs really cool. When I get another laptop it will be similar to my husband's.

I've checked out the external fans and they raise my computer up too high to be comfortable the way I sit and where I have the computer. So no to that for me.

I'll never go back to a desktop. We had that years ago and laptops are the way to go for us. We don't have any problem with the keyboards on the laptops. Really easy to take along when you travel. In the end, it's whatever a person wants.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote