View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
Want to hear my thoughts on laptops and desktops??

I don't have any because I don't know what having a laptop is like. I do know desktops. I've had computers for over 25 years. My company sent me to IBM school when my company got the first computer and dot matrix printer.

I'll never forget that. Then I bought my own system for my house (Cost me over $3500) and that was 25 years ago. Good grief!!!!

Want to know what I really wish??

That Bobbi and Jo lived next door so I could LEARN LEARN LEARN!!!

lol lol lol lol lol

Over 26 years ago we got our first computer (desktop) and with the programs and such it cost over $5,500.00. We got it for our business. It was an Apple 2 Plus. Worked great. Then we replaced it with an Apple 2 E. Great computer again for it's time. It got stolen and the thief was caught and we bought it back from the insurance company. He always wanted his own computer and liked ours as that's what he had used in prison prior to this incident

Our first laptop we bought in about 1995. It was an AST. It cost about $1,600.00. It had no CD Rom and only a .5 gig hard drive. It had Windows 95 OS. What a step up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CayoKay (07-22-2008)