View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 03:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My poor 2 yr old nephew...

He fell out of a 2nd story window yesterday and rushed to the trauma hospital. My sister was so distraught, I could hardly get any thing out of her. I live in NC and my whole family lives in WV. It was so hard not being there to console her or my nephew. But fortunately I have 2 other sisters and a brother plus mom and dad to be there for her.

She said it happened when he saw the cat in the window and he went to get it but pushed it out of the screen. He looked over to see if he could see the cat and fell out himself. Oh dear it just hurts thinking about it.

Fortunately no brain injuries, no concussion only a broken tibia in his right leg. It was broken in two places, so they did surgery and put him in a cast up to his hip. He is not liking that right now b/c he can't get up and walk around and play. You know how active two year olds can be...

Thanks for listening. W/O having my family (other than my husband and son) around, it just makes it hard sometimes.

Missy

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome '97, Chronic Sinusitis '97, Chronic Pain '04-present, Degenerative Disc Disease '86, Depression '88, Fibromyalgia '00, RLS+PLMD '04, Severe IBS '05 Non-Epileptic Seizure Disorder '08
hurtsobad73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (07-24-2008)