View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 04:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I hope that you're not offended, Wren; I mean this in a positive way. The innocence in your message is just so sweet.

The reason I don't flat out suggest a type of computer for people (even people I know offline): It truly is an item - a big ticket one at that - that is personal; the ultimate decision has to be based on someone's needs, ideas for use, and so on.

Take the O/S or Operating System, for instance. Most PCs are now sold with XP or VISTA as the O/S. I really couldn't say which is better for someone who is new to making a computer purchase since there are pros and cons either way.

Pamster, whatever you decide on (Desktop or Laptop), I hope you'll let us know (down the road a bit what you think of your new 'puter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren View Post
One of the incredible members here has been trying to help me ... sending me great emails about laptops that would probably be right for me. Bless his big heart. Too big I have very little understanding. Bless my little brain.
A bit ago I had an epiphany ..........................
I need someone to say, "This is the computer you need....You need #pmq8910xyz from Harry's Hairy Brain Shop. Order it now and tell him you also want an open desk anti-flopper in the medium size. Get the dark green striped blanket to avoid mice. Don't forget to order before dawn"

Anyone want to help?

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Wren (07-21-2008)