View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Just popping my head in this thread. I too am a BMS sufferer. Ruled out a lot of things. Yeast tested in my mouth by GP. Extensive blood work done late Feb. 08 while I had already had the condition for several months, all indications that the inside of my mouth looks fine.

I know drinking orange juice triggers my canker sores I have had since childhood. So I don't touch that anymore. Without fail, I get cankers drinking it. I've also had geographic tongue and fissured tongue since childhood.

I recently started again my Vitamin C supplements (I wish I could remember if I was taking them when my BMS started). I noticed taking the C supplements, my 'dormant' geographic tongue and fissures came back in force after a week and a half. So I stopped the C thinking, maybe I'm on to something here? Wouldn't you know it, the fissures that were painful began to heal. Almost immediately. As did the patchy geographic tongue!

Now I'm waiting to see if my burning mouth calms down. As a trial, I am going to go 2 weeks "C free" in hopes that I find out that the burning subsides a bit (Neurontin/Amitriptyline were working for a bit, so I thought, but since have seemed to not been helping the burning).

Cross your fingers for me. When I did the Candida diet, focusing on eliminating sugars/carbs and yeast, the burning mouth was virtually gone (pre dx for MS, pre drugs). Maybe it's because I felt I was getting somewhere? Probiotics I was taking? Diet? Not sure. I wasn't taking in much C at the time as I remember, and my tongue looked 1 color, PINK!

This is all so very confusing to figure out. I'm sure you folks who also experience the BMS issue will agree.
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote