View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 06:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cferro514 View Post
I am not sure how the information in your links contributes to your belief that volunteering a few hours each week will jeopardize my claim.

How can you volunteer on a regular basis, with a depression? Do you really know when you will feel well enough to be on a schedule?
If you can be on a schedule you condition has improved and you are no longer disabled.

I am talking here about a mental health flareup or decompensation.

When your psychiatrist/ psychologist describes your mental health problem; they have to use SSA terms.
https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.n...2!opendocument

I want to wish you good luck with your case.
I have multiple sclerosis (or possibly CNS Lupus). I am not in a depression. Are you confusing me wih someone else?

I have not read anything in your links that says "if you can be on a schedule, you are no longer disabled." So far, that quote only comes from you. Yes, playing piano is a sit down activity. So is watching TV and eating lunch. Can I not do those either, without jeopardizing my claim?

I am currently volunteering only 3 hours a week! You have not acknowledged that I am volunteering very little, even though I have stated it repeatedly.

I am unable to work an 8 hour day, or probably anything longer than about 3 hours at a time, without a nap.

~ Faith
Began receiving SSDI 11/2008

Last edited by FaithS; 07-20-2008 at 06:32 PM.
FaithS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote