View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlady View Post
Thanks for reviving this thread. My mouth has gotten worse but I'm sure right now it's the increased medication for the pain caused by the sacral breaks (they won't heal). I'm sure that the moving cleaning out is aggrevating the breaks. (Stretching the muscles and that in turn stretches the bones)

Everything is a nightmare right now. Trying to find a house that is dog friendly floorwise. I have one little dog that has an issue with leakage. I have to make sure everything is washable. Getting rid of the dog isn't an option. I've had him for 7 years and he's a rescue.

We thought we had found a house but the airconditioner and heating unit failed the inspection and it's a real issue with trying to work out a deal. I'm ready to call it all off.

Stress aggrevates your mouth. A lot of pressing the tongue against teeth when you are stressed.

When things settle down I'll try some of the suggestions here. I don't do acids of any kind. Or spices. They aggrevate the mouth.

Billye
Silverlady, glad you didn't mind the bump. I think it's a topic that needs more attention. The recommendations to treat this are all over the board. It seems like many complain about it, but you usually don't hear the resolution end of things (did it go away? what worked for them? etc).

Stress and anxiety do play a major role. I was aware of Klonopin as an option for BMS. I didn't want to try this one right away, and chose Neurontin/Amitriptyline first to try as a paired treatment plan. It SEEMED to work at the start, but at 600mg of Neuontin, 10mg of Amitriptyline, it's not seeming to help anymore.

Moving and buying/selling as I found out are extremely stressful. I actually had a relapse with my MS selling my house this past May. I recently (July 2nd) moved into my apartment. That was a lot of intense physical labor and working in the heat (hottest day this year so far) was not helpful with the MS either!

So I am considering Klonopin, but I'm unsure which of the 2 others (Neurontin/Amitriptyline) my neuro will remove from my routine when I do this. He did discuss the Klonopin with me as well, but we agreed to try something a little 'lighter' before going with K. Has anyone with burning mouth syndrome (BMS) had success with Klonopin? I forget the generic name in Canada. Begins with an R. I've read some say that Klonopin is the only drug that's helped with burning mouth.
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote