View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 10:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
FYI, after this thread appeared I did a quick search for MS and allergies and was interested to see 2 articles from PubMed. However, note that they were both from the '50s!!!! Here's one of them -- the article begins "For the past ten years there has been an increasing acceptance of the theory that allergenic reaction is a causative factor in multiple sclerosis..."

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...?artid=1521914
Hi Beary, our medical system has seemed to favor treating symptoms with meds rather than really cure an/or prevent the diseases. The power of the med companies in our health care system is frightening. There is a lot of profit to be made here by not curing/preventing diseases and medicating them for life.

I went to our alternative doc's website (www.colecenter.com) and saw that he treats MS (he is located in Cincinnati, OH). I just called and talked to someone there and this is what she told me: Dr. Cole looks at the patient to see what the root cause of the MS is (genetics, toxins, or allergies) and treats this. If you continue with his treatment your MS will not progress but they have not had any patients who have recovered what they have lost. He uses detox and hyperbaric treatments and if you have allergies he will treat those also (ours have been very successfully treated by him). The woman told me that allergies can cause the MS but that these other factors can cause it also without any allergic component.

I believe that you are also correct that not everyone with allergies develops autoimmune diseases. My parents have had food allergies for decades (the sneaky ones like I have where you really don't realize that this is what is causing your symptoms) and they are in their 70's without any autoimmune diseases.
Sannah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote