View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 10:49 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Harley your thoughts are generous, but I have a few concerns from talking about this a few years ago with friends. To me, it seems better not to own the place yourself. Then you have one person who may feel more responsible for anything that happens to the house. That would be unfair to you, and to anyone who may damage the house [like falling through the glass window].

I don't think anyone should be responsible for owning the house. Then the occupants are not responsible to the owner in any way either. We kick in our incomes and hire people to maintain the property [rented?] and take care of our needs. A non-occupant preferably would own it, unless its someone who wants to also provide care.

It has to provide for a lot of needs - be handicapped accessible. Lots of grab bars, wide doorways, big bathrooms with adaptive showering and toileting needs. People who would be interested will already have experience with falling. A mini gym with sauna and indoor pool would be a nice perk.

Little rock, can you tell us more? Location is definitely a problem...people want to see their families. I'm in Florida, others in Washington - opposite sides of the country. I could be tempted to go to California, or live in PA, which has beautiful old farm houses just minutes outside of Pittsburgh. But then there is winter...hmmm.

Problems can be overcome but people have to compromise. A more central location could help or could just isolate us all...lol.

just my two cents,
paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote