View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Narcotics, codeine and the interferons (for now) are not recommended with LDN. Copaxone is apparently ok, and I so know of some who've used LDN with one of the interferons too. They are currently wrapping up a trial that included people on Beta, Rebif, and Avonex, so they should have some idea from that whether they are compatible.

LDN has been somewhat of a miracle for me over this last 3+ years, and I was in pretty bad shape when I started. I don't think it works as well for everyone, but it is pretty obvious for some of us that it is working.

I've heard people on Tysabri claim that that drug has improved their disability significantly, and I know that LDN has that affect for some people too. Does that mean that it has repaired damage . . . I don't know. Why else would a disability that someone has for 2 or 5 yrs suddenly go away, then come back within days of going off the med, then go away again when they start using it again?

It took a several months for me to realize that the shelf-life on LIQUID LDN was only 3 weeks, and that leaving it out of the fridge was not a good plan (for me). Many people who've tried to raise or lower their dosage are keenly aware what "works" for them . . . so clearly it is doing something for some of us!

I believe that I would be in much worse shape by now, if it wasn't for the LDN. I don't think this med can save us from ourselves, ie. we can still overdo things or cause harm by not treating an infection, etc. . . . but for many, I think it can improve symtoms and stabilize the disease as much as we could hope for.

Like any drug though, I don't think it works as well for all PwMS (and/or perhaps other diseases it is used off-label for).

NO doctor has the right to refuse a rx for it, if we DEMAND it.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (07-21-2008), Twinkletoes (07-21-2008), weegot5kiz (07-22-2008)