View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 02:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Certified Letter sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didi View Post
Thank you Bryanna, I will keep you posted on the outcome of my visit with the prosthodontist and also what comes of the certified letter that I am sending today. I greatly appreciate your prompt and thorough replies. You have been a storehouse of unbiased information. I don't know what I would do without your advice! Thanks again, Didi
Hi Bryanna,

Well I finally sent a certified letter to the dental office and got immediate replies from both dentists, both the owner of the practive and the dentist who did the work. They are now working on determining what amount they will refund to me and how they will refund my insurance companies. They told me my coverage for 2007 will be lost once they reimburse the insurance companies. I told them that this is unacceptable to me and that I need full reimbursement as the cost to fix this will be exorbitant. I have contacted a couple of attornies and am thinking of filing suit. It may cost a lot out of pocket but the end result may be worth it if I can rectify the pain and unsightly work. I told one attorney that I had gotten a great deal of support and objective information online regarding my case. He asked if the person I was consulting with was a dentist and I said I didnt' know. He said it would be of great benefit to me if you were a dentist. Bryanna, you are a great source of information regardless of your credentials. I can tell you have volumes of information....if you are not a certified dentist that does not matter to me. I hope you will continue to provide your opinion.

The attorney I spoke with this a.m. indicated that if the dentist who perfomed the emergency root canal would be willing to state that my situation was due to malpractice, he would take my case. Basically, I need someone to look at my mouth to verify that the work is unacceptable. Hopefully, someone in the dental community will not be afraid to do so. Thanks again Bryanna for everything. I will keep you posted. Didi
Didi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote