View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 11:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default tryptamine, dreadlocks, and more

Geez, Rick, I don’t have enough hair left to have dreads, so you’re unlikely to recognize me (though I’ve finally learned to like reggae as an alternative to inhaling). As to South American jungles, it would be interesting to find out what the incidence of parkinson’s is in tribes which use ayahuasca ceremonially (and regularly). It just seems to me that such powerful neuro-transmitters as the entire tryptamine family might have some interesting consequences for pwp’s. Whether those consequences are beneficial or not was the purpose behind me throwing this thread into the mix.

Anecdotally, it’s interesting that Albert Hofmann who was the chemist who specialized in tryptamine variants, who first discovered lsd, as well as the first person to synthesize psilocybin, and who took these substances many times both in laboratory settings and in situ, lived to 102 – finally departing this past spring. So much for the brain damage that psychedelics were supposed to cause.)

ps: Brother Dave Gardner?? I think I must have seen you at the Earth Wind & Fire concert.
aquario is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote