View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 01:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default IVIg

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie54 View Post
Hello,

I have had mixed connective tissue disease and recently got diagnosed with vascular peripheral neuropathy that is affecting some of my autonomic nerves also. I have had MCTD for 9 years and have had numbness off and on coming and going all during this time. I guess it just now showed damage to legs.
I am having a relapse and the neurologist wants to me to take IVIG treatments. My question is has anyone had this and how did it work? I have read good and bad. Also, does insurance usually cover this and is it costly?
Susie54

I just went through the whole testing process with a neurologist with respect to IVIg treatment.

Yes, it is very expensive. But yes, insurance will cover it as a treatment once you go through all the testing hoops. The blood work is very elaborate and pricey. The other tests needed, at least for my insurance company (Blue Cross CA) to pay up are rather invasive. I've unfortunately had a really bad reaction to the spinal tap which was performed, and the other diagnostic test is a muscle biopsy, taken from your thigh and then stitched up. Holding out on that one for the moment.
dshue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote