View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 06:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Has your Pain decreased??

Dllfo, HI, I wanted to know if your motivation to go off the opiates is that your RSD pain has decreased? And if so do you know why? And If not, I was wondering what your plan is too handle the pain? Thanks CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllfo View Post
I coordinated with my Pain Med Dr. to get off Avinza (morphine) today. He prescribed Librium and Hytrin. I need to get off it due to other medical problems that have become life threatening.

Any experience out there? (watching CSI Miami does not count

I know my reactions to withdrawals because I forgot to take my Avinza 3 times. Like the flu. A really, really bad case. I hit WD at about 30 - 34 hours.

I took Librium in 1970, but don't remember any problems. Hytrin? Dunno.

Dr. said to take my last Avinza capsule at 8am Monday, then take the Librium and Hytrin 24 hours later and 8 hours thereafter.

I read that withdrawal symptoms only last a few days to a week. After reading about Librium I was thinking I might prefer to just get it over with. Take Valium or something.

Suggestions appreciated....thanks... (Oh, I haven't set a date to do it yet, no hurry, once I am ready, I planned on taking my last pill Sunday morning, then I have 5 working days to be sick or get different meds or talk to the doctor again, etc.)
CZZ74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote