View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 08:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Grin NMSS Miami Women's Retreat update

I'm back from the women's retreat !!! I slept most of the day yesterday, recovering from all of the fun.

I had a great time . I met some new people, and got a few phone numbers .

There were so many classes and presentations my head was spinning . I went to a Tai Chi class (loved it!), saw my neuro do a presentation on what's going on with the latest research (he seems very excited about Campath), went to a cooking class held by celebrity?? chef Marc Cummings, had Reiki performed on me, got a massage and a facial, ate too much, etc.

There was Karaoki, which I don't do unless I've had at least 3 gin and tonics ! No drinking was allowed because a couple of years ago a group of women got wasted and got themselves thrown out, LOL! Some people were still sneaking some alcohol of course, not me though!

The hotel was very nice, except there were only 4 elevators for 13 floors! With so many people on scooters and in wheel chairs, the wait time for an elevator was at least 5-10 minutes!

I only took 3 pictures, but I will post them as soon as I find my usb cable for my phone .

I could not believe how many women were WHINING about the tiniest things! For crying out loud the weekend cost next to nothing and they were still harping about the silliest stuff, like "I don't like chicken, why don't they offer us more choices? and The napkins don't match the table cloth"! What is wrong with people!!!!!!

The South Florida chapter will be posting pictures on their site pretty soon. You can see the ones from last years retreat now. Just click on "Events" on the left side of the screen and look for Women's Retreat.

Jodylee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (07-22-2008), ewizabeth (07-22-2008), Kitty (07-22-2008), Koala77 (07-22-2008), SallyC (07-22-2008), tkrik (07-22-2008)