View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Gromlily

Gromlily

Default Hugs and more Hugs

Thanks so much Barbara and Tam,

Two dear ones who suffer so much and yet take the time to comfort others!!
I hope you both are able to have a pleasant day today!!

Tam, you have me pegged. I'm not good at saying No,still trying to learn how to. And I do need to deal with the losses from this injury. The loss of time, years of time...the loss of income, the loss of indedpendence, the loss of aspects of my identity, my passions. I'm a hands on person, so of course everything I like to do to relax and/or have fun is gone. Gardening is out the window, hiking, horse back riding...Haaa ! What a fuuny thought. I still can't even drive much less try to ride a horse. No dog training, No dog agility competitions, no piano lessons.

I havn't had a chance to think about me much less all the things I miss, all the plans for the future that need to be changed. It really has been crazy for awhile around here.

I know that Di has a valid point, that good things can and will come. I just wish I wasn't surrounded by so many active healthy people who look at me and can't figure out what is wrong. I've had the surgery and they expect me to be fixed. I've even gone so far as to explain that with 2 neck muscles gone and a rib missing, my body's architecture has changed and is more fragile than ever. I need time to heal before I can even focus on strengthening, and I will never be 100%.

My inlaws horseback ride, snorkel,water ski, parasail, you name it they do it. And I just sit on the sidelines. Hubby will still do some of the tamer activities, when he feels up to it, and can at the very least, go out on the boat. I can't do that! I can barely ride in the car. It feels like a roller coaster ride. I feel so left out and isolated.

Anyway, I do need to find new things to occupy my time, help me feel productive. I am/was a Type A and have a hard time sitting and doing nothing. I need more to do than p.t. and yet physically I am not there yet!

Oh well... Time and the Serenity prayer, and more time.....

Hugs to All and wishes for a pain free day!
G~
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote