View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 09:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hang in there!

Hang in there! I was diagnosed March 6, but didn't start on steroids until March 15, and that was AFTER my 3rd crisis (coulnd't breathe), so as long you can walk, talk, breathe, eat, etc. they'll start you out slowly......Hopefully they'll put you on steroids soon, and that will DEFINATELY make you feel much better! The change will be amazing! I know this is a scary time,but you've found the right place; everyone here is so amazing and supportive!I know you are frustrated and scared, but know that there are a lot of people that are behind you and that THIS DISEASE CAN BE CONTROLLED! It will take a while, but the doctors will get you well again and that this is only temporary! Keep the faith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alissa1979 View Post
Since I was diagnosed only 16 days ago I have been reading all I can to get info. Still, the fact is that my mestinon isn't working and I don't go back to the doc until Aug. 14. I called but he wants to see me before he changes anything. Is there any med out there that will make me feel normal again or is this just the way I'm gonna feel forever??? I've read that it can get worse for the first 2 to 3 years!!! Is that only if your not being treated or for everyone???Sorry for all the questions. I'm thankful that I found this site. It's nice to get answers from people that really understand and are going through what I am
erinhermes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote