View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 09:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown Going in for plasmaphoresis - what can I expect - HELP!!!!!!!

Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well! Know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers! I'm going in for plasmaphoresis today (not fun).....I've been feeling a little rough lately, so my neuro and hemo decided that this was the better alternative...........I'll get my "make ready" and come out feeling a lot better, and for that I'm grateful, though I must admit I'm scared out of my mind (hate needles) - they are starting a PICC line today, and I"m going to be treated at the Cancer Care Centers, so I know I'll be in good hands - my GP (who, by the way is the best) said that this is going to make me feel even better than the IV IG, so I'm pumped about that, but really don't know what to expect, so for those of you out there that have had it (and didn't have a horrible experience) can you fill me in? Am I going to have to lie there for hours? What's it like? I figure knowledge is power, and I'd like to go in knowing something..............I just want to thankall of you for being so supportive - you've made all the difference to me! WEll, I'm going to go pack now, but hopefully will be home tonight (they may admit me for a few days), but if they do, I'll bring my laptop. I figure I may as well make my room as comfy as possible, though all the nurses laugh at me when they see my big bag............Take care all, and please pray for me! If I am unable to email for a while, know that I am thinking of all of you eeyore, redtail, sniffvhide, Hiho, NancyLee, ALL OF YOU and am praying for your remission!!!!!!!!
erinhermes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote