View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 12:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default HELP -started Morphine detox Mon.-RLS hit me hard

I have had RLS in my calf muscles off and on for 5 years. I apologize if my sentences are not exactly right. I feel like I am functioning at about 20-25% of normal. My detox is for years of Morphine, Fentanyl, Oxycodone, Demerol and others I can't remember.

I knew it wouldn't be easy, but.......... I am committed to not taking any opiates. My severe RLS could be stopped in its tracks with Oxycodone. I have done it before. 15mg of Oxy and my RLS is no problem. All these meds and what to use them for came from doctors. I don't experiment with Opiates. They demand respect.

I am going to try Requip I guess. It is not an opiate and is supposed to be strong.

Any suggestions? I won't drive in this condition, so please don't recommend Physical Therapy, etc. I considered walking around inside the house for as long as I can to "work" the thigh muscles. Maybe they would allow me to sleep?? I got about 3 hours of bad sleep last night. I sleep on a Respironics BiPAP Auto Servo Ventilator. Key word is Ventilator. It records my information. Thanks.