View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 03:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up I have had the SCS Trial

Hi.

I just recently had the SCS trial. I have RSD in my arms from TOS rib resection surgery.

The stimulator took all the sensitivity away. I couldn't have long sleeves on my arm until I tried the stimulator. I couldn't have the air on in the car because the breeze hurt. The dogs wagging their tail hurt. All of these things went away.

I don't know where you have RSD, but this is atleast an option to try. You'll know right away if the tingling, vibration sensation is right for you. I found that because my lead was placed in the cervical area in my neck that I could have it set very low and it would take the sensitivity away.

Atleast with this, I can start lowering my medications.

Note that I second that it'll take a long time to recover. With the lead being in my neck, I needed to wear a neck brace for the duration of the trial (5 days) so the lead wouldn't move. I'm told that I would need to wear it for atleast 3 weeks with minimal movement in my neck and plan to be out of work for that long also when I have the surgery.

My feeling is that I can't go through life being drugged up on medications. I want to get back to wearing short sleeve shirts without a pain patch. With this, I can ween down on the medications.

FYI - You do need to know that with the surgery you need to get a psychological assessment done. Most insurance companies require it.

Good Luck.
dealingwithtos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GreyHoundLover (07-23-2008)