View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 07:48 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I also work a full-time schedule--

--but being a teacher/tutor who does primarily test preparation and college advisement, my job tends to be much more an afternoon/evening/weekend sort of thing (which is when my students are free from their OTHER educational activities).

It is also somewhat seasonal (though there is more year-round prepping than there used to be). Still, during peak times (such as early autumn), I may well work all seven days a week, and total 60+ hours. Fortunately, I do have considerable latitude as to how I set my schedule.

It's important to remember, though, when this acute-onset body-wide condition first hit me, I was completely poleaxed for approximately two months, and only gradually built back up to the schedule, as my Neurontin dosage was titred up sufficiently to get decent pain relief and my increased supplements were also building up. (It's also probable that the condition was monophasic and most of the damage had been done by then, and I was able to start working again due to my body being given the chance to begin repairing damage, though that repair was and is slow and incomplete.)

While I don't have to get out of bed early for employment reasons, I do have to for family reasons; my wife is gone to her job by 7:15AM and I get the 8-year-old ready for and off to school, which we walk to every morning.
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote